Get lyrics on your iphone or Android phone with the karnatik app!
Join us on Facebook
All new contest!
Welcome to karnATik's Contest #2.
- Answer the following 10 tough Carnatic questions. Use whatever books/internet/tapes you may need, but please don't ask others.
- Send your responses by email with your name, email, and mailing address to webmaster (at) karnatik (dot) com with the subject "CONTEST ENTRY" by October 31st, 2007.
- The first person to send in all 10 correct answers will win a prize! (We will also award a prize to a runner up). Results will be announced in the next newsletter.
- Sangeetha Sara notes 25 unflattering qualities of a gayaka (singer). Name two and describe them.
- What is the interval of a major tone (expressed as a fraction)?
- Describe the major difference between Margi and Desi ragas.
- Ramaswami Sivan was brother to what other famous composer?
- Who introduced the raga shankara mohanam?
- How many kshanas (time taken to pierce a bundle of hundred lotus petals) make one druta?
- Shukla manjari is a synonym of what raga?
- What was Narayana Thirtha's given name at birth?
- Name the three talas of the suladi narayana kesava sri ramani natha.
- The words "sama nigama-" from Tyagaraja's samajavara gamana and "padasa-" from devi ni of Shyama Sastry are examples of what?
Check the articles section to read article entries from our previous contest!